Getting to Fogo Island is part of the adventure. The traditional route to Fogo Island is to fly into Gander Airport (YQX), then rent a car or arrange other transport to the Farewell Ferry. The drive from Gander to Farewell is one hour, the ferry leaves every 2-3 hours (link to schedule HERE), and it takes approximately 1 hour to reach Fogo Island. It is about 20 minutes more to reach the Inn from the ferry terminal.
If you are planning to bring your rental car on the ferry, it is mandatory to arrive at least one hour ahead of the scheduled time as it is first come, first serve.
A charter flight from the private plane terminal at Boston Logan Airport (BOS) has been arranged!
- The flight will leave at 7am on Friday August 18th from Signature Flight Support, at 240 Prescott Street, Logan Intl Airport, Boston MA 02128. You should arrive one hour beforehand.
- This private charter is operated by Provincial Airline (PAL) on a 37 passenger DASH 8 100 (see photo). There will be a flight attendant on board.
- Light snacks and beverages will be available. Please notify us of any food allergies.
- There is one stop over in Halifax, Nova Scotia to clear Canadian immigration and customs.
- Passengers will need a current passport, with at least six month before expiry and two blank visa pages.
- Luggage allowance is estimated to be 42lbs per person. This may be flexible.
- The return charter will leave at 12 noon on Sunday August 20th from Fogo Island airport to Boston via Halifax (for fuel) and Bangor, Maine (to clear USA customs). The estimated arrival time in Boston is 4:30pm.
- If you are taking the charter, email firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions/concerns.